And so I did.
I didn't take photos of the process, unfortunately, but here are some photos I did snap after making the first one.
|Double rubber bands. I forgot to include them for the 2nd book.|
|This is how thin the books are. This one uses 300 gsm Saunders Waterford.|
|The cover is made of 1 folded card and another couple of cards pasted over the outside.|
|The pages are not sewn but bound by thread so they can be removed and bound after the trip.|
|Back page is about 1/2 page. Can be used for testing watercolours.|
|This is the second sketchbook in progress. This one uses the Strathmore Imperial.|
|The 2nd cards haven't been glued yet. I totally forgot to put in the rubber bands for this one.|