Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My First Sketchpacking Trip!

I just returned from my very first sketchpacking trip a couple of days ago, and boy, did I have a blast! It was an event called Sketching George Town, organized by the Urban Sketchers Penang and in conjunction with the George Town Festival over the weekend. Representatives from Singapore, Bangkok, Taipei, Johor, KL and other parts of Malaysia were invited, accommodation was provided (at backpacker's inns) and we spent the few days sketching various parts of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of George Town. At the same time we made many friends, learned much from one another, and enjoyed the sumptuous food in the food paradise that is Penang.

Over the next few posts I'll share some of my experiences, photographs, sketches, so keep a lookout!

For starters, here is a video of our trip created by one of the Singapore Urban Sketchers, Parka (he's quite a well-known blogger!). He also has some photos with writeups of our trip on his blog. Enjoy!


1 comment: